How are Funeral expenses made up?
Our Professional Service Fee Includes:
- Transfer of the deceased from their place of death into our care 24 hours a day.
- Professional mortuary care with experienced and qualified embalming staff.
- Arrangement for the provision of a church, chapel and / or advice on other suitable venues.
Graham Family Funerals own and operate:
- A fleet of suitable modern hearses and mourning cars
- Arranging the lodgment of newspaper death and funeral notices
- Attending to registration of your loved one's death and necessary paperwork with the registry of births deaths and marriages
- Booking and arrangement of all cemetery and crematorium arrangements according to state legislation
- All necessary staff, vehicles and equipment necessary, prior to, and on the day of the funeral
- Liaising with florists, caterers, musicians, clergy or a civil celebrant and having them deliver services required by the family
- Provision of our facilities and funeral directors for all funeral arrangements and a dedicated follow-up aftercare consultant to assist with support and handling of the practicalities after the death of your loved one
Your choice of Coffin or Casket
Proudly, Graham Family Funerals manufacture right here in Tasmania. All coffins and caskets provide quality design and craftsmanship.
Our range extends from a coffin, made of cardboard, wicker, or craftwood through to custom veneered coffins or highly finished solid timbers. The cost depends on the construction quality, finish and style.
We have a selection of Coffins and Caskets on display and have the added advantage of being able to personalise coffins to your requirements, this can include a coffin that is pvc wrapped with photos or a theme specific to your ideas or individual taste. Graham Family Funerals also have coffins made from materials that are environmentally responsible for those who consider that this is something important to them.
Cemetery, Cremation and Memorialisation Options
All cemeteries within Tasmania are owned and operated independently under the Burial and Cremation Act (Cemetery), 2005. Graham Family Funeral staff will guide you through all options in arranging for the Burial of a loved one in any of Tasmania’s cemeteries and the costs involved (these costs vary between cemeteries).
Graham Family proudly own our own Crematorium. This allows for our funeral staff to care for your loved one through the whole process. Concluding the cremation we also provide options in how you wish to receive your loved ones ashes including a choice of complimentary scattering urn or a range of cremation urns that you may purchase.
Graham Family Funerals are able to assist with supply and installation of headstones for lawn grave burials, traditional full grave monuments and ashes wall placements, garden placements and memorialisation options in all Tasmanian Cemeteries. This includes a wide range of bronze plaques personalised as you wish. We will work to ensure a quality product is delivered within a suitable time frame at the most competitive prices.
Other Third Party Recoverable Costs
(these are paid for by the funeral director on a family's behalf)
Dependent upon arrangements made for the funeral there may be a number of third party disbursements. Typically some of these would be:
- Newspaper notices
- Floral arrangements
- Clergy / Celebrant Fees
- Church Fees
- Musician Fees
- Catering Charges
- Booklet production costs
- I.T. Presentation Expenses (ie. Photo montages, livestreaming of services)