Graham Family’s commitment to your family does not end on the day of the funeral. Our dedicated follow-up consultant will contact each family shortly after the service to offer any ongoing assistance and support during this difficult time.
This is all part of the service we can offer you to navigate your personal path in grief, every person’s experience will be individual dependant on many factors.
Graham Family also has an extensive library of books and CDs to assist with understanding and working through the grieving process that can be either loaned or purchased. We are able to recommend the most appropriate selection. This includes books specifically for explaining the death of a loved one to children of different age groups, books on grief following suicide, the loss of a partner, grief for men and more.
Services we provide
- 24-hour service every day of the year
- Transfer of the deceased to our premises
- Preparation of the deceased by one of our qualified embalming staff
- A private and confidential discussion of funeral arrangements with the family
- Arrangements with clergy / celebrant , cemetery and crematorium regarding the time, place and type of service in either of our funeral chapels, a church or another venue personal to your choice
- Arrangements in compliance with every religious denomination
- Assistance with the preparation of a death notice for insertion in local, city, country, or interstate newspaper publications
- Procuring of necessary medical certificates for cremation
- Completing the registration of death on behalf of your loved one. Allowing for family to apply for the registered death certificate with Service Tasmania or the registry of births deaths and marriages
- Liaison with a florist for personal floral arrangements and tributes for upon your loved one’s coffin at the church or funeral home
- Preparation of a personalized condolence register and order of service booklets
- Hearses and mourning cars for transport of the deceased and family members during funeral services
- A dedicated Memorial Consultant for advice on a range of memorials available after cremation and burial
- Follow up bereavement support and referral to counselling if requested
The funeral is arranged in full cooperation with you, in accordance with your budget and requirements. We do not force charges that are unnecessary or unwanted.